Thursday, August 19, 2004

In a hundred different languages.

Love, they say, is universal.
Consider the many ways in which to say I love you.

Irish - Taim i' ngra leat
Romanian - Te iubesc
Ukrainian - Ya tebe kahayu
Moroccan - Ana moajaba bik
Navaho - Ayor anosh'ni
Lithuanian - Tave myliu
Inuit - Negligevapse
Hindi - Hum Tumhe Pyar Karte hae
Indonesian - Saya cinta padamu
Danish - Jeg Elsker Dig

And somewhere in the lands of Manila, this is how you say I love you.

Pandacan- Syota na kita!

Something amusing courtesy of this blogger.

4 Comments:

Blogger tessa said...

cebuano: nahigugma ko kanimo (in lumad, as in deep bisaya)
cebuano: na-ibog ko nimo (in colloquial; like saying "may gusto ako sayo")

just a little Visayan 101 :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

hey, thanks tessa!
you learn something new everyday. :)

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jamille said...

Natawa ako dito. Passed it on to a few friends, natawa din sila.

Methinks it was my delivery. It's ALWAYS my delivery that makes people laugh.

Maybe I should try standup comedy.

11:53 AM  
Blogger solo flite said...

mind if i use this in my next post? :)

2:39 AM  

Hit me with your best shot

<< Home