Friday, September 10, 2004

i promised...

that when i finished college, I would allow myself to go fly a kite.
I hadn't flown one in years.
The memories I've had of flying kites were of grappling with the kite string, decorating and making mini-kites, and waiting for a strong wind to blow in your direction.
First, you set your kite gently on the ground and roll out the string carefully so it won't get knotted. Then, you grip the string tightly, sweaty palms and all, and run against the direction of the wind, hair whipping all over your face. You also have the option of running backwards, but there's no fun in that.
Your kite will be aloft in the sky, rippling in the wind.
It's the best feeling in the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could make a blog as refreshing and as well-written as your's. Will be tuning in for more.

Ben
(stormwrite.blogdrive.com)

11:42 AM  

Hit me with your best shot

<< Home