Monday, November 08, 2004

A word to the wise?

Djong forwarded me the link to this interesting story.

About three weeks ago, a LiveJournal user was surprised when she was paid a visit by the Secret Service due to an inflammatory post about US president George W. Bush. In her October 27 post, she wrote that "At 9:45 last night, the Secret Service showed up on my mother's front door to talk to me about what I said about the President, as what I said could apparently be misconstrued as a threat to his life." (Go here for the link to her post)

She also wrote that she had deleted what she had written down that had provoked the visit from the Secret Service, but Google helped me out and directed me to a Poynter.org E-media tidbit relating her story. A poster named Jukio Smith was able to provide a link to her original post. (View it here; just scroll down)

I have my own opinions on what she wrote and what subsequently happened, but for the meanwhile you can view threads and comments here and here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kakaiba naman yan. pati online journals hinahunting na nila.

angela
http://www.monochromecrystals.net

3:01 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

anniesj also said that someone reported her blog post to the FBI. some people don't have a sense of humor, or some people's sense of humor is grossly over the limit.

3:56 PM  

Hit me with your best shot

<< Home