Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Vignette #4.

Who: Me, The Father, and The Mother
What: Nothing in particular
Where: Couch-lounging in the living room, channel-surfing
When: 11.30 pm, February 28

"Ooh Mom, it's The Hours on Lifestyle Network."
The Mother snorts.
"Heh! I don't like that movie."
The Father comes over and shooes The Mother's legs off the rest of the couch.
"Mom, Nicole Kidman won an Oscar for her performance there."
"Oh I know, it's a good movie, but it's not the best, in my opinion."
I snort.
"Mom's opinion of a good movie is Collateral," I mutter to The Father.
Excitement suspiciously enters The Mother's voice.
"Hon, sayang di mo napanood! Ang ganda ganda. Sayang wala ka dito when I watched with John. Or was it you, anak?"
The TV shows us the opening scene of the movie where Nicole Kidman had a crooked nose.
"What is The Hours about?"
"It's a movie that I watched in the theaters. I didn't really like it."
"What is it about nga?"
"Basta, it's not a good movie. I mean it's good, but not in my opinion."
"Why isn't it a good movie nga?!"
"I just really didn't like it."

Mothers. Women.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! good one, Sarah's Mom!
- jo

9:13 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

mama jo! =D that, i swear, is my one and only mother.

11:00 AM  
Blogger jillsabs said...

hahaha! my mom's like that too.

while watching tv patrol she'd say with all conviction "he did it" and when asked why she thinks that the man is guilty, she'll say "because i know he did it".

i'm telling you, the fbi and the interpol don't hold a candle against my mother :)

9:09 PM  

Hit me with your best shot

<< Home