Monday, April 04, 2005

A good excuse for not posting.

Gigi returned my tagging favor. So does that mean I get to tag you back...again?

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

I want to be Elizabeth Bennet in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Quit laughing.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Gilbert Blythe, Anne of Green Gables staple character. The man is absolutely gorgeous and I adore him, but then I'm biased.

The last book you’ve bought is:

I bought two at Books for Less:

1. Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women (Susan Faludi) - I vaguely remember hearing this in my GENDERS class. Now I can't believe I waited so long to get a copy.
2. The Adventures of Pilandok - Gift to the Sister-Brat for finishing another (Nazi) school year. Of course she goes to a good school. And besides, who doesn't love Pilandok?

The last book you’ve read:

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. I'm still in the process of reading it; does that count?

What are you currently reading?

Refer to above post. And Susan Faludi's Backlash. Highly recommended.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:

1. Rainbow Valley (L.M. Montgomery) - The offspring of Anne and Gilbert Blythe, coupled with 'wild' neighboring manse kids, never fail to keep me laughing.

2. A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide (Samantha Power) - So I can thank my lucky stars that I'm on a deserted island with no fear of racial disparity. Or exploding shells.

3. Me Talk Pretty One Day (David Sedaris) - I like laughing, a whole lot. This fits the bill.

4. Music and Silence (Rose Tremain) - I love historical fiction threaded with romance.

5. The Sandman: Fables and Reflections (Neil Gaiman) - My favorite collection in the whole Sandman series. Who could resist Emperor Joshua Norton I?

Who will you pass this quiz to?

Zane, of course, as I want to know more of what she likes reading. And let's also tag Tanya, whose blog is the featured Pinoyblog of the week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous ayen said...

i like this excuse.

i love that book you're reading, by the way. the umberto eco one. one of my favorite subjects during college was medieval philosophy. weird, i know.

3:30 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

hehe. i like this excuse too.

i'll openly admit that there are parts in that book which make me squint. rereading does nothing to help the squint, which leads me to believe that i may just be monumentally block-headed. hehe.

5:35 PM  

Hit me with your best shot

<< Home